The Tulare County Office of Emergency Services is pleased to announce that the FY 2017 State Homeland Security Grant Program (SHSGP) Project Proposal period has opened. The Project Proposal period will close on Thursday, November 10, 2016; late or incomplete applications cannot be accepted. All agencies submitting proposals will be scheduled to make a presentation (no more than 10 minutes) to the Approval Authority and grant management team on the morning of Wednesday, November 16 (9:00 am - 12:00 pm).
PowerPoint presentations may also be sent to OES in advance for incorporation into the Approval Authority's Project Proposal packets.
For more details, please see our Project Proposal Meeting page.
Tulare County has been instructed to anticipate and budget for a FY 2017 SHSGP allocation similar to FY 2016 SHSGP, which was $546,478: at least $130,114 was allocated towards law enforcement projects (25% of projects), and at least $26,022 will be allocated towards Management & Administration (5% of all projects). Approximately $390,342 can be allocated towards projects proposed by other eligible disciplines.
The State's Supplemental Guidance is expected to be distributed before December. However, OES does not expect a sea change for FY 2017 SHSGP’s Supplemental Guidance, and asks potential Sub-Recipients to refer to the FY 2016 SHSGP Supplemental Guidance for the purposes of this Project Proposal period. This site will be updated once the FY 2017 SHSGP's Supplemental Guidance is announced.
The expected Performance Period will run for approximately 30 months (tentatively November, 2017 through April, 2020). All proposed activities must be completed during this timeframe.
Complete Project Proposals will include:
- Completed Project Proposal Workbook (please remit completed workbook file)
- Cover Sheet
- Completed Solution Area tab(s) (e.g. Equipment, Training, et al.)
- Completed Project Overview tab
- Signed Cover Sheet (scanned/emailed, mailed, faxed, or delivered on or before November 10, 2016)
- Supporting documents from vendors (e.g. quotes, proposals, course descriptions, etc.)
- System for Award Management (sam.gov) report for each vendor
Please see the Submission page for further details.
Once the above is received, and your Project Proposal is reviewed for completeness by OES, you may choose an available presentation time from the Project Proposal Meeting page.
- Environmental & Historical Preservation (EHP) Screening Form: triggered by specific items on the Authorized Equipment List (AEL), or field-based training training(s) or exercise(s) hosted by you. Please note that Cal OES has informed us that EHP reviews will require up to 9 months for approval from FEMA
- FEMA Form (FF) 087-0-0-1: triggered by specific Controlled Item categories (relevant to law enforcement agencies), per Information Bulletin 407 (e.g. aircraft, vehicles, SWAT equipment)
- Sole Source Authorization: required for proposed purchases over $150,000 that fail competitive bidding standards, or for proposed purchases over $150,000 where a specific vendor is required
The following instructions are organized by probable workflows. Refer to Required Components for a definition of complete a Project Proposal.
- Equipment Tab
- Training Tab
- Exercise Tab
- Planning Tab
- Project Overview
- Cover Sheet
- Project Proposal Meeting
- Excess Funds
- Project Proposal Workbook
- FY 2016 SHSGP State Investment Justifications
- Information Bulletin 407
- FEMA Form (FF) 087-0-0-1
- Sole Source Authorization
- Environmental and Historic Preservation Screening Form
- Notice of Funding Opportunity
- Key Changes
- Fact Sheet
- FY 2016 SAFECOM Guidance